Age: 65 years & up
The Chief County Assessment Office and the Lake County Township Assessors Association will be at the Recreation Center to assist residents in completing the 2018 Senior Citizen Assessment Freeze Application for taxes payable in 2019; as well as service taxpayer needs on other homestead exemptions offered.
Residents will work one on one with a staff member to complete the necessary exemption forms.
• 65 years old or older during the tax year
• Own the property as your principal residence for the last two Jan. 1st (2017 and 2018)
• 2017 total household income is $65,000 or less
Be prepared to bring copies of income received such as:
• 2017 Federal Income Tax Form
• Social Security Statement (SSA-1099)
If the property is owned in Trust, you may need to provide proof of the beneficiary.