Enhance your life while helping others at the Grayslake Park District. Those who are 12 years and older are encouraged to get involved by volunteering for programs or special events. Volunteers are essential to the success of our programs. Kendra Ring is the Park District Volunteer Coordinator. She can be reached at (847) 223-7529 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Special Events Assistant
The Grayslake Park District needs volunteers to serve in many capacities during special events. You may volunteer to decorate, help with food preparation, assist with crafts and games, welcome people at the door, etc. Please call Kendra Ring at (847) 223-7529 or email her at email@example.com
Be a role model for the youth in our community by volunteering to coach a team for the Grayslake Park District. Experience in the sport is not necessary. We will provide sport specific training to set you and your team up for success. Please call Brice Walsh at (847) 223-7529 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in coaching any of our sports programs. Coaches must be 16 years or older to be an Assistant Coach and 18 or older to be a Head Coach.
Throughout the year, we look for volunteer coaches for several youth sports leagues.
Contact Brice Walsh (email@example.com) to volunteer as coach in these programs:
Volleyball – We offer both spring and fall seasons, a co-ed league for grades 3-8. Sign up prior to mid-March to volunteer for the Spring season; sign up prior to mid-August to coach in the fall.
Girls Softball – A spring/summer program for ages 7-15. Sign up by end of April.
T-ball – A spring/summer league for girls and boys, ages 4-7. Sign up by end of April.
Flag Football – A fall league for girls and boys ages 5-10. Sign up by early August.
Contact Tracy Putkonen (firstname.lastname@example.org) to volunteer for this program:
Basketball – A winter program for girls and boys in grades 2-8. Sign up to coach by end of October
Seasonal & Part Time Openings:
* Concessions Staff for Spring/Summer/Fall 2017 – must be 16 years or older and be available to work nights and weekends
* Park Rangers for Spring/Summer/Fall 2017 – must be 21 years or older, have a valid driver’s license and be available to work nights and weekends
* Park Maintenance Worker – must have a valid driver’s license
* Golf Course Cashier – must be 21 years or older, pass the Basset Test, flexible on hours and be able to use a computer/cash register
- Interested persons MUST submit an application.
- Due to the hundreds of applications received and the limited number of positions, the Park District will only contact those being considered for a position. If you are not hired, you may wish to consider our volunteer opportunities.