- Summer activities and games based out of Grayslake Middle School (440 N Barron Blvd, Grayslake)
- Designed for children entering kindergarten through 7th grade
- 1 week (5-day, Monday-Friday) full day (8am-5pm) sessions
- Weekly Fee: $189 R / $233 NR
- Weekly fees cannot be pro-rated; if a child only attends 3 days/week, you’ll still need to pay the full weekly fee
- Parents must drop off at 8am but can pick up any time before 5pm (weekly fees will not be prorated)
- Groups of 15 with 2 group leaders
- Designated indoor/outdoor space for each small group
Summer Camps are now Summer Fun 2021 (K-7th grade)!
We know that many families look forward to camp during the summer – and so do we! We are not able to offer summer camp as we have in the past this year due to COVID-19 and the extensive safety requirements set by the Restore Illinois Plan.
Instead of multiple camp options, we are offering Summer Fun 2021 – a modified (but still super fun!) camp experience limited to 90 children to meet social distancing and various other safety guidelines.
Summer Fun 2021 builds confidence and independence, as well as, a sense of responsibility, community, and an awareness of nature. In Summer Fun, children express themselves through a variety of activities that may include crafts, nature, games, sports, and themed weeks.
Our staff brings experience and enthusiasm and can’t wait to guide your child through a summer devoted to fun while following the safety guidelines provided to us by the CDC, IDPH and Restore Illinois Plan.
We’re excited to announce that Summer Fun will be held at Grayslake Middle School! What does that mean?
- More space! Given the current safety guidelines, the Recreation Center only has capacity for 60 campers. The Middle School has enough space for 90 campers. Campers will still be in groups of 15 with 2 staff.
- Better access to outdoor activities in Central Park, including the playground, Splash Pad, athletic fields, and more!
- Central location for walking field trips to destinations like downtown Grayslake, Jones Island Beach, the Freeze, etc.
- Steps away from the Central Park Trail for walking and biking
- Camp is closer to the Grayslake Aquatic Center for swim days twice a week
Campers will take a field trip to swim at the Grayslake Aquatic Center two days a week! If a visit the pool is cancelled due to inclement weather or other reasons, the swim time will be rescheduled for a different day that week. If two trips to the pool aren’t possible during a week-long session, parents will be refunded the amount for pool admission.
Please see below for the safety precautions we’re taking this summer.
Pick up/drop off
Curb-side drop off and pick up will take place. Parents will stay in their vehicle for sign in/sign out and will not enter the facility.
The latest safety requirements will be followed. Staff are required to wear face coverings. Children will wear face coverings indoors and when social distancing cannot be maintained outdoors. Disposable masks will be available for purchase each day for $1.
Gloves are required for staff when assisting children with lunch, administering first aid, and cleaning. No toys from home are allowed.
Cleaning and sanitizing will take place on common touch surfaces every two hours. Hand sanitizer will be available in every room and brought with the counselors where ever they go. Frequent handwashing will be encouraged to all campers when indoors.
Campers must bring a sack lunch and drink every day (no food or hot lunch will be available for purchase). Water fountains can be used to refill water bottles but not for drinking from directly. Lunch and snacks will take place outside (weather permitting); campers will bring a beach towel and be distanced 6 feet apart.
Summer Camps registration is open! Registration is first-come, first-served. Only 90 spots are available per session due to space constraints, so we encourage you to register early.
Children will be grouped together based on grade and each group will have a designated indoor space at Grayslake Middle School. Please register for the program code that correspond with your child’s grade in Fall 2021.
Pay in full when you register or select installment billing. For installment billing, you pay for the first session of camp in full and then your debit/credit card will be charged the Thursday before the next session of camp begins. Fees must be paid in full prior to your child attending camp. Payment plans are available if needed. Please contact the Park District office at (847) 223-7529 for more information.