Expressions Dance Studio
The Grayslake Park District offers one of the best dance programs around for tots, youth, and teens (3 years & up)! Whether you’re trying on your first leotard or preparing for a solo, there is a spot for you at the Expressions Dance Studio!
Dance Director Meghan Reimers and staff teach classes designed for all skill levels in Ballet, Tap, Jazz, Hip Hop, Contemporary, and Technique.
Dance Safety Guidelines
The safety of our students, their families, and our staff are a top priority. We have taken this into consideration as we planned our class procedures. The following safety measures are in place:
- Class enrollment has been reduced/limited based upon studio size.
- We will conduct no-contact classes.
- Hand sanitizer required upon entering the building and upon exiting class.
- All persons entering the building are to wear a mask.
- Spaces at the barre and center floor will be assigned to maintain social distancing.
- Masks will be required for the duration of class. Dancers will be given “mask breaks” and water breaks, as necessary.
- Dancers must come dressed for class as there will not be a changing area available.
- Bring your own water bottle – the water fountain will be closed.
- High touch surfaces will be cleaned after each class.
- Bathrooms should only be used for emergency purposes, PLEASE have your dancer go before heading out for class.
- Drop off procedures:
- The lobby and hallway are closed for waiting.
- Class arrival will be drop off and pick up only.
- Please do not arrive more than 5 minutes prior to the start or end of your class.
- Students under 8 must be escorted into the building. Students 8 and older may be dropped off (please PARK rather than drop off in the circle to avoid congestion.)
- Please enter the building from the south side program door (side door nearest the dance studio). If your child’s class begins or ends after 5pm, this door will likely be locked during our classes. The instructor will meet you at the door to welcome students in and to release them.
Other important information
We will be constantly re-evaluating these policies and procedures in accordance with current regulations an mandates. Our number one priority is being able to get our students back in the studio safely.
PLEASE do not bring your child to class if they have any symptoms of illness (fever, cold or flu like symptoms, runny nose or cough), staff will kindly ask you to bring them home.
The Grayslake Park District’s Expressions Dance Studio is committed to providing high-quality dance classes to enhance the overall development of the child. We provide a safe and child-centered environment to encourage our students to explore dance with qualified, nurturing teachers.
We take our roles as mentors and teachers in your child’s life very seriously. It is our objective to inspire a passion for the art of dance in every child who passes through our doors. In the process, we strive to set the right example and help your child (and you) create memories that will last a lifetime.