Expressions Dance Studio
The Grayslake Park District offers one of the best dance programs around for tots, youth, and teens (3 years & up)! Whether you’re trying on your first leotard or preparing for a solo, there is a spot for you at the Expressions Dance Studio!
Dance Director Meghan Reimers and staff teach classes designed for all skill levels in Ballet, Tap, Jazz, Hip Hop, Contemporary, and Technique.
Dance Updates & New Safety Guidelines
We’re excited to welcome dancers back to the studio! We worked very hard trying to come up with a plan to get our dancers back in to the studio safely that complies with the guidelines outlined in the Restore Illinois Plan.
New Session Format
The first big change is that we have divided the recital session into two separate sessions. The Fall session will run from September 14th through December and culminate with a Winter Showcase at the Park District.
We chose this option for several reasons:
- We were not willing to sacrifice an entire season of dance to COVID if the restrictions did not allow us to host in person classes this fall.
- We wanted to ensure that our dance families that may not be ready to return to the studio just yet still have an opportunity to register for classes this season (Beginning in January).
- Splitting the season makes the financial obligation less cumbersome.
What you should know about the new format
Dancers registered in the fall session will receive a priority registration date to register for THE SAME CLASS in the Winter session.
The “Winter Session” beginning in January and running through May, will still end with a recital. At this time, we are unable to what the recital will look like compared to years past. What we do know is that we have a lot of time and the dance staff have been brainstorming alternative ideas tirelessly in the event that things still have to be a little different in order to adhere to guidelines.
The registration deadline for the winter session will be firm. In order to guarantee timely delivery of costumes we must order them by the second week January.
What are classes going to look like?
The safety of our students, their families and our staff are a top priority. We have taken this into consideration as we planned our class procedures. The following are the safety measures we will have in place as derived from numerous current resources:
- Class enrollment has been reduced/limited based upon studio size.
- We will conduct no-contact classes.
- Hand sanitizer required upon entering the building and upon exiting class.
- All persons entering the building are to wear a mask.
- Spaces at the barre and center floor will be assigned to maintain social distancing.
- Masks will be required for the duration of class (updated 8/20).
- Dancers will be given “mask breaks” and water breaks as necessary.
- There is no specifications for masks except that they must cover the mouth and nose.
- Dancers must come dressed for class as there will not be a changing area available.
- Bring your own water bottle – the water fountain will be closed.
- High touch surfaces will be cleaned after each class.
- Bathrooms should only be used for emergency purposes, PLEASE have your dancer go before heading out for class.
- Drop off procedures:
- The lobby and hallway are closed for waiting.
- Class arrival will be drop off and pick up only.
- Please do not arrive more than 5 minutes prior to the start or end of your class.
- Students under 8 must be escorted into the building. Students 8 and older may be dropped off (please PARK rather than drop off in the circle to avoid congestion.)
- Please enter the building from the south side program door (side door nearest the dance studio). If your child’s class begins or ends after 5pm, this door will likely be locked during our classes. The instructor will meet you at the door to welcome students in and to release them.
Other important information
We will be constantly re-evaluating these policies and procedures in accordance with current regulations an mandates. Our number one priority is being able to get our students back in the studio safely.
PLEASE do not bring your child to class if they have any symptoms of illness (fever, cold or flu like symptoms, runny nose or cough), staff will kindly ask you to bring them home.
The Grayslake Park District’s Expressions Dance Studio is committed to providing high-quality dance classes to enhance the overall development of the child. We provide a safe and child-centered environment to encourage our students to explore dance with qualified, nurturing teachers.
We take our roles as mentors and teachers in your child’s life very seriously. It is our objective to inspire a passion for the art of dance in every child who passes through our doors. In the process, we strive to set the right example and help your child (and you) create memories that will last a lifetime.