- Children 7 years and under must be accompanied by an adult unless stated a drop off program.
- Payment must be made prior to participation.
- All participants must sign a waiver before participating.
- Gym shoes must be worn on the court. ONLY non-marking rubber soled shoes that are clean and dry are allowed. Street shoes, roller shoes and heels are not permitted.
- Proper attire must be worn.
- Food and beverages are not permitted in the gym. Only bottled water is permitted.
- Foul or abusive language, attempted confrontation or physical confrontation are not permitted and will result in immediate expulsion from the facility and could result in suspension or banning from Open Gyms.
- No one person or team can “OWN” the court.
- If only one court is available, side courts might be required based on age, skill level and number of participants. If two courts are available, age, skill level and number of participants will divide courts.
- Teaching private lessons and conducting team practices are not permitted.
- Basketball and Volleyball only as scheduled, prohibited activities include soccer, football, baseball, softball, etc.
- The Grayslake Park District reserves the right to cancel and/or change Open Gym times at any time.
- Failure to adhere to any rules will lead to being asked to leave the facility.
- Fees and rules are subject to change.
- Must show proof of residency. No proof will result in paying the nonresident rate.
- No dunking allowed!
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and safety guidelines, we cannot offer drop-in Open Gyms at this time. However, we have added Parent & Tot Gym Time and Active Adult Walking that are similar to an open gym format except group sizes are limited and advance registration is required. Check out the Winter Program Guide for details.
A majority of open gyms are held at the Grayslake Recreation Center (240 Commerce Drive) unless otherwise noted.
Please note – the monthly schedule is subject to change without notice.[tribe_events view=”month” category=”open gym”]