On June 5, 1998 the Grayslake Park Foundation, Inc. was established and incorporated with the Secretary of State of the State of Illinois. The Foundation is organized and operated exclusively for educational, recreational, civic and charitable purposes, as permitted by Section 501(c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code and to assist in the performance of the educational, recreational and charitable purposes of the Grayslake Community Park District, by providing funds and property for these purposes for which funds may not otherwise be available to the Park District.
All officers and board members will serve on the Foundation in a voluntary capacity and will not be paid any salary. Donations for this Foundation may include, but are not limited to, educational, recreational or charitable trusts; gifts, grants or loans of money or property, real or personal, whether made by governmental, educational or recreational bodies, local, state or national, or by corporations or natural persons.
- To organize and operate exclusively for the educational, recreational, civic and charitable purposes to benefit the Grayslake Park District and the Grayslake Community.
- To assist in developing, sustaining, holding and increasing the facilities and programs of the Grayslake Community and the Grayslake Park District.
- To increase educational and recreational opportunities for the community encouraging gifts of money and property and by such means as may seem advisable from time to time and, other activities deemed appropriate in support of and on behalf of the Grayslake Park District and the community of Grayslake.
- The Foundation will receive and hold or disperse gifts, to act without profit as trustee of educational, recreational or charitable trusts.
- To administer gifts, grants or loans of money or property, real or personal, whether made by public, government, educational or recreational bodies, local, state or national or by corporations or natural persons and whether in the form of conventional express trusts or otherwise.
- To become party to contracts, trust instruments and agreements of any type or description and to execute negotiable instruments as trustee or otherwise.
- To execute negotiable obligations, as trustee or otherwise in order to effectuate either the creation or organization of trusts for the execution of the purpose hereof.
- Where the terms and conditions imposed by the donors of any forms of gifts to make immediate transfer to the Grayslake Park District right and proper, the foundation shall transfer absolutely and in full all right, title to and interest in such property to or for the use and benefit of the Grayslake Park District.
- Whenever any such gifts, when made, as memorials require maintenance, provisions shall be included in the gift unless the Board of Directors of the Park Foundation waves this requirement.
Park Foundation Reports
2015 Park Foundation State & Federal Tax Reports
For additional information, please contact Denny Salomonson at email@example.com
Please send all correspondence to:
Grayslake Park District
240 Commerce Drive
Grayslake, IL 60030
For more information about commemorating a special event or person, please visit the Park District’s Memorial Tree & Bench Program page.