In-House Youth Basketball
Youth Basketball will look a little different this year, but we’re excited to offer a modified program so your child can continue to play!
The Restore Illinois All Sports Policy considers basketball a medium risk sport, so no-contact practices and intra-team scrimmages are allowed. In order to comply with the guidelines, each age group will be divided into a team (with a maximum of 25 players) and will only practice and scrimmage within that group.
- Each age group will be divided into a team with a maximum of 25 players each. Age groups may be combined if numbers are low.
- Boys and girls will be on separate teams
- Each team will meet 1 time per week for 1.5 hours (45 minutes for skills and drills and 45 minutes for scrimmage games run by coaches)
- During scrimmages, the players will rotate so everyone within the group has the chance to play together
- Each player will receive a reversible jersey
- Ages: 2nd-8th grade, girls and boys
- Days: Primarily Saturdays, with overflow on Friday nights and Sundays (as needed)
- Date: Jan. 15-Feb. 21, 2021 (snow make-up dates: Feb. 26-28)
- Location: Recreation Center Gym, 240 Commerce Drive, Grayslake
- Fee: $150 R/$180 NR on or before Dec. 6, $180 R/$225 NR after Dec. 6.
In order to prioritize spots for Grayslake residents, registration opens for residents first and then nonresidents a few weeks later.
- Resident registration begins: Sept. 14
- Nonresident registration begins: Oct. 5
- Registration deadline: Dec. 13
|2nd Grade Boys||630030A|
|3rd Grade Boys||630030B|
|4th Grade Boys||630030C|
|5th Grade Boys||630030D|
|6th Grade Boys||630030E|
|7th Grade Boys||630030F|
|8th Grade Boys||630030G|
|2nd Grade Girls||630030H|
|3rd Grade Girls||630030I|
|4th Grade Girls||630030J|
|5th Grade Girls||630030K|
|6th Grade Girls||630030L|
|7th Grade Girls||630030M|
|8th Grade Girls||630030N|
- Face coverings are required at all times for players and coaches
- Drop off will be curbside, no parents are allowed in the building
- Once the team roster is set, no players will be added in order to limit exposure
Submitting an application does not guarantee a coach position; Grayslake Park District staff will select 6 coaches for each team. Requests to coach with someone else are not guaranteed.