Freedom Of Information Act Requests
As of January 1, 2010, the changes to the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) went into effect. Please note the following:
- The new law changes the time for response to five business days.
- An extension of five business days is permitted under various circumstances.
- Those submitting a request for a commercial purpose must identify that purpose or be subject to statutory penalties. The Park District then has a reasonable period (up to 21 days) considering the size and complexity of the request to make them available.
- The request must be submitted in writing (although the use of a particular form is no longer required). A form is available for your convenience below.
- The Park District may provide records in an electronic format and must do so if available in such format and requested in that format.
- Fees are not charged for the first fifty (50) pages of standard black and white copies. After the first 50 pages, the fee for black and white copies is $.15 per page unless the actual the actual reproduction costs (for color or oversized copies, for example) are higher. A fee equal to the actual cost may be charged for such copies.
Any person requesting records of the Grayslake Park District may make such a request in writing, either in person, by mail, email or facsimile to the following Freedom of Information Officer:
Kristin Splitt, Executive Director
Address: 240 Commerce Drive, Grayslake, IL 60030
Telephone: (847) 223-7529
Fax: (847) 223-6386
What should be included in the FOIA request?
On your written request include:
- Daytime telephone number so that should there be any questions, the Park District can contact you
Provide as much information as possible on the subject matter which may expedite the search process